Our own Deborah Sgro,
Ethical Humanist Society of Asheville member,
will facilitate this special 2nd Sunday Gathering
Mindfulness meditation is a nonsectarian practice which involves paying attention to the present moment, deliberately and nonjudgmentally. Created by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, it is intended to develop skills of paying attention to ourselves and the world, while it also encourages compassion and kindness.
We will explore:
- Principles of Mindfulness Meditation
- Meditation Tools for Attention and Awareness of Our Body, Mind and Emotions
- Compassion and Loving Kindness Practices
- Gentle Meditative Movement
- Meditation Tools for Handling Difficult Situations
- Establishing a Home Meditation Practice
This class is appropriate for those who are new to meditation, familiar with meditation, or practice meditation regularly.